Pages

Search by Google

Saturday, July 4, 2009

♫ Mahathir is coming to town...♫




























Remember the song of Santa Clause? "Santa Clause is coming to town..."


Now replace the "Santa Clause" with Mahathir, and you got ♫ Mahathir is coming to town...♫, which sounds pretty fine for the song anyway. Which Mahathir? The most famous Mahathir, of course. The one and only Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohammad, the forth prime minister of Malaysia.

And too bad, the event is for IMU students only. Tun Dr. Mahathir will have a dialogue with the IMU students with the theme of "Leadership in Medicine & contribution to Nation Building".

Now, I don't have any particular grudge against our beloved ex-leader, he is, after all, the guy who made the ISA to its current popularity. In fact, he is also the one who causes all the headaches to the Chinese community. However, he is still a real medical practitioner, who is going to have a dialogue to the students who are Chinese-majority, AND some of them are there because of him. Got to thank him for that anyway.

Now then, am I going there? No. Of course not. Not really because of him anyway. Cause there are some important class that I prefer to attend rather than dialoging (or most probably, listening rather than dialoging). The dialogue may be inspirational, but I am just not interested. He may be the modernisation father, but he ain't no my father. Conclusion: No go for me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna go go. I like listening to people who don't have many years left. And I'm sure Dr. L has decades ahead still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I need to go...
    (T_T)
    Someone just put my name in the "volunteer" list...Which have a "compulsory" word attached to it...
    To me, he is just a dying ex-man

    ReplyDelete