Pages

Search by Google

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Was exposed to this song a few months ago, on Lite FM. A very nice song indeed. Was initially attracted by the soft and smoothing melody.

As I started to analyse the lyric, I realised that it is actually a very touching song. Describing a father and his daughter relationship, from the very young girl who is a daddy's little girl, scared of the unknown, growing up, and got married. Especially love the last part, where "daddy is gonna give away his little girl". It is just so bitter-sweet (from the dad point of view), touching and lovely.

The way the song described the whole thing is just too, in one word, AMAZING. I am a guy, not really related to me (yet), but I can feel the song, reminded me of my dad, and reminding me to go back more often as time permit. After all the "did not", I should really spend more time at home.

1 comment: