Pages

Search by Google

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Useful Tip: Cobra Alarm Remote Not Functioning After Changing the Battery

Just came back from South Korea via a night flight and a connecting bus to JB at 3am. Was trying to test my old Kia Spectra when I found that the car no longer responsive to my remote. My spectra comes with Cobra alarm system. Actually I was informed about this by my sister's boyfriend about a week ago when I was in Korea.

After searching for a while, I found this tip (Link). And it had potentially saved me precious car towing fee! Thanks AhBeng online! Turns out that it is for resynchonising the remote with the car alarm system after changing the remote battery (which btw, I did not change, just some trial and error way to try to fix it DIY), and thus the title, with the hope that it may help people out there with similar problem.
1. Go within your remote control striking range.
2. The remote comes with a big button and small button. Now press them together for about 3 seconds.
(I guess this is to saying "hello" to the alarm onboard)
3. The remote will start blinking, and when the blinking stop, release the buttons. Then press the big button twice.
(Again with the guessing, this is a communication code, telling the alarm system that "hi I was just reincarnated as I was previously so hungry that I died of hunger (of battery juice), so nice to meet you!)
4. Now the alarm should beep 5 times. Test your alarm. It should work fine now.

Good luck. And may the force (or luck) be with you.

Via AhBeng Online

3 comments: