Pages

Search by Google

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Was planning to get an Galaxy S4 (the Octa Core i9500) on the first day it is officially available in Malaysia. Was rejected almost immediately after I asked about it. Reason: My contract of Galaxy S2 with Maxis is THREE freaking months away from completion. "Damn!" is the word I almost blurted out when I was told that I cannot choose to extend the contract by 3 months on the subsidised phone, unlike the iPhone's contract plan.

A month later, comparison between the quad-Krait (i9505) and Octa-Exynos5 (i9500) version of the Galaxy S4 started to appear on the web. Performance wise, i9500 is slightly better, while battery life wise, i9505 is a little (but significantly ahead) [source]. And LTE support in Malaysia is only available on the i9505. So I thought to myself: "Wow, luckily I didn't get one of those". But the sure thing is this: I will only get an superphone (better than smartphone) with OLED. Man! Those AMOLED screen is just too damn beautiful and colourful! At that time, i9505 is still not yet available in Malaysia. 

And just a few days ago, Maxis started to announce "LTE-capable Galaxy S4" with a "coming soon" sticker, with my contract about 1 month left. Hmm, perhaps there is a divine intervention, wanting me to go for i9505 rather than i9500. Well, if everything goes well, I should be getting a new superphone next month. 

Eagerly waiting, and now drooling while waiting...Slurp!

No comments:

Post a Comment