Pages

Search by Google

Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Jungle Home

As many of my friends know, I just move into the new home in Teluk Kumbar, from the Island Glades. The reason for moving is simple: The house in Island Glades is rented from a "kiam siap" taukeh boh (老板娘), while the new house is bought by my parents. Before I begin any story, the new house is a double storey terrace house located between a small hill and sea. Sounds like good feng shui, does it not? You might think it is, until you actually live in it.

Well, anyway, here is where my ranting starts: My house is really a wired jungle. Why wired jungle, you may asked. Really simple: The house got everything that is wired to the house, eg. Streamyx (a.k.a. Shitmyx), Telekom, electricity, water etc. However, anything that are not wired or have no physical connection are not available here. Ya thats right. Nothing that is not wired or have physical connection reach here. My new house does not have cellular connection (Maxis a.k.a. Maxshit, Celcom and local terrestrial TV. The exception being DiGi and Astro.

So is there really a problem with that? YES. TOTALLY. Having no cellular coverage (or rather, blind spot coverage) is a big problem for me, though terrestrial TV blind spot is not a big deal except during bad weather. For me, I discovered that near the window pane of my room on the second floor, there is weak connection to the Maxis tower. And perhaps a few other spot on the second floor which I am not really accessible to. So it this is a good news, is it not?

NO. It is not a good news. Imagine this: Everytime you recieve a call, you must maintain the handphone at the window pane while talking. You may say: "Aiyoh, use loud speaker lah, bodoh!" Yes. It is effective that way. But if the line is bad (Imagine this: When I say:'hello, how are you? I am XYZ' to the other person, the person heard it as 'hell....you...XYZ'), it will be very annoying, both to you and the person talking to you. Especially if you talk with your gf/bf that way. It is very annoying and can really test your patience. Solution: Get out of the house to make a call EVERYTIME.

Oh, I am not finish with call yet. There is still this SMS thing. Remember that my room is on the second floor. So what? Is that a big problem? YES. IT IS A BIG PROBLEM. Now the 1 million dollar question again: Why?
Ok. Lets imagine this: One day, I am at downstairs watching my favourite movie. You SMS me at that time. No problem. I can just run up stairs, type my message and reply you. Then I go downstairs again to continue my movie. Sometimes the SMS continues. So I run upstairs again, read the SMS, reply and go back downstairs. Maybe 1 minute later, another SMS come. Maybe this time is from the other person. So I have to run upstairs again...You can see where this is going. So: YES. It is very tiring and annoying to do that almost every day. I have to run an average of 5-10 return trip a day just to answer the SMS. Everyday. Solution: Either shut my handphone until I get back to KL or just run up and down the stairs everytime, or worst still, stay upstairs all the time.

Not every thing about it is bad. For example, I get to exercise everyday. Climbing the stairs is a great exercise for the legs, as well as for my mind as I learn to be more patience with myself. This is especially useful since I am pretty much a hikikomori (引き籠もり) during the holiday.

Anyway, now that I have ranted for the day, heard some SMS is coming. Gotta go do my work out now. Chao!

And feed the fish will ya~!

No comments:

Post a Comment